Customer Bill of Rights and Responsibilities
As an EHCS customer, you have the right to:
- Be fully informed in advance about care/service to be provided, including the disciplines that furnish care and the frequency of visits, as well as any modifications to the plan of care.
- Participate in the development and periodic revision of the plan of care.
- Refuse care or treatment after the consequences of refusing care or treatment are fully presented.
- Be informed, both orally and in writing, in advance of care being provided, of the charges, including payment for care/service expected from third parties and any charges for which the client/patient will be responsible.
- Have one’s property and person treated with respect, consideration, and recognition of client/patient dignity and individuality.
- Be able to identify visiting personnel members through proper identification.
- Be free from mistreatment, neglect, or verbal, mental, sexual, and physical abuse, including injuries of unknown source, and misappropriation of client/patient property.
- Voice grievances/complaints regarding treatment or care, lack of respect of property or recommend changes in policy, personnel, or care/service without restraint, interference, coercion, discrimination, or reprisal.
- Have grievances/complaints regarding treatment or care that is (or fails to be) furnished, or lack of respect of property investigated.
- Choose a health care provider, including choosing an attending physician.
- Confidentiality and privacy of all information contained in the client/patient record and of Protected Health Information.
- Be advised on the agency’s policies and procedures regarding the disclosure of clinical records.
- Receive appropriate care without discrimination in accordance with physician orders.
- Be informed of any financial benefits when referred to an organization.
- Be fully informed of one’s responsibilities.
- Receive information about the scope of services that the organization will provide and specific limitations on those services.
As an EHCS customer, you have the responsibility to:
- Provide EHCS with the information needed to supply you with the appropriate supplies and submit claims to your insurance and collect payment.
- Sign and return any requested paperwork that allows EHCS to provide you with your medical supplies and bill your insurance; which may include obtaining protected health information from your physician or insurance company.
- Cooperate with an EHCS representative to ensure prompt delivery of your medical supplies.
- Promptly pay any deductibles, co-pays, or charges owed by you.
- Inform EHCS of any change in your: place of residence, medical condition, insurance or financial status, physician, or brand of supplies.